Saturday, November 8, 2008

WOW What a Weekend!!!!!!

Oh my goodness! I think God is great! I went with 8 other ladies from my church to a Baptist Women's Conference this weekend in Jackson, MS. It was an Extraordinary Women's Conference. And we heard some amazing worship music, they sang some contempary songs, some old hymns and even some accapella. It was wonderful. There were over 3,ooo ladies singing our hearts out to God! It was amazing! We sang Days of Elizaha( ok, I can't spell, so just bear with me) and In Christ Alone which are 2 of my very favorite songs. If you aren't familiar with the words, please find them, esp. In Christ Alone. Every time I hear/sing it I get chills and sometimes I even raise up my hands during that one and cry!!!! If I knew how to link it to my blog I would. We laughed, cried, and worshipped. We had some really great speakers, Chonda Pierce is quite funny and also gets her message across, Angela Thomas had lots of great things to say, so did Mama T (Thelma Wells). We had music by Avalon on Friday night and Mark Shultz on Saturday morning. But drum roll please....... Karen Kingsbury was also a guest speaker. If you have never heard of her or read her Christian fiction books you are missing out. OK, so I knew she was speaking on Saturday and I was excited, but at the closing Fri night the church invited us down to purchase items and meet the speakers...... I thought I was so cool, but the closer I got to her(Karen Kingsbury) the more excited I got. I think my ladies from church were worried I might get escourted out by the security. Ha Ha! But when it was my turn I did give her a great big, long, hard hug. And told her my name, where I was from and that I was spreading the good news of her books to lots of people I meet. So, she gave me one of her tote bags and signed it for me. It reads: Tina, You and I are BFF's for life. Love, Karen Kingsbury Jer 29:11. Can you believe it?!? She was so very nice. And she looks just like the pic on the back of her books. By this time it was like 11:45pm. But she took the time to meet her fans and sign their books. Which I did not buy, because I have read them all. But, she has a new one out on Tues. :). Her books truly are a blessing, so check them out. Also, the 9 of us got our pic taken with her and we are going to blow it up and hang it in our library. This was supposed to be a short blog, but as you can see, I am so excited. We got maybe 4 hours of sleep last night, so I really need to get to bed. My family is already snoozing. Have a great night and a wonderful Lord's Day.....

PS. I am writting this on Sun. night.... I really misspelled Elijah last night, also the time on my posts is not right, I don't know how to fix it. It was funny when I reread it today and said that my whole family was snoozing and the time of my post said something like 8:31. It was more like 10:45. So anyway, just wanted to clarify those 2 items. Has anyone else out there had to change their wording because you just couldn't spell a word? I hope I'm not the only one... :) Love to everyone and good night!

3 comments:

Just A Girl said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I think Gay Nan likes Karen Kingsbury, too. If you have time, email me your id and password for blogspot and I'll set you up a playlist on your blog with your favorite songs.

Magen said...

Tina - I'm back to blogging! So nice that someone misses it. :) Glad you had such a great weekend! Sounds perfect. Sometimes I wish our singing time was a little deeper - like when that guy comes for TLU and leads song service. Anyway - the YOuTUbe video to your fav song is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8welVgKX8Qo
That song makes me think of Danielle!

Rhonda said...

What fun! I love so much that you enjoy singing. That's one of the things I miss most about you. How's MDO going?